The purpose of the American Club Campus group is to celebrate American culture and values, by allowing anyone from anywhere to speak their beliefs freely and openly, regardless of what those beliefs may be. In other words, to provide a place where all ideologies may be argued in a civil, polite, and orderly fashion.
The goal is to help students understand the original intent of the Framers of the U.S. Constitution by providing them with educational resources, curricula, and qualified speakers. The American Club emphasizes the significance of The American View of Law and Government, but also empowers the students to live their faith with courage and conviction. Students will gain many skills as a result of participating in the club which includes written and oral communication, leadership, organization, and management.
In the words of an IOTC intern, “After I took the U.S. Constitution course my eyes were opened to how sacred and special our Declaration of Independence was; that it wasn’t just fireworks, but rather a sacred document that declared life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness to every American and that those rights came from God and were not separated from Him.”
After becoming a graduate I took the next step and hosted the course at my school through an American Club format that IOTC offers. Free of charge an instructor came to my school, taught and graduated our class!
At this point in my life not only am I educated on the cultural war around me, but I choose to fight for my country. After school I go to work for the Institute on the Constitution and am doing my best to reach my generation. I pray and hope you can help me.”
- Starting a Club – If you’re interested, click here and follow these steps!
- Structure and Meetings – So just what do these clubs look like? What is involved in a meeting? Once you are committed you will need to make some initial structural decisions about your meetings.
- Teacher Sponsor Letter Template – You’re going to need a teacher to sponsor your club. This template is a rough guideline of what you’ll have to send him or her.
- Overcoming Road Blocks – When fighting the good fight there are always going to be road blocks. Here are some tips to help you over coming those road blocks.
- Commentary – Check out our students thoughts with commentary in the American Club Corner.